Top 5 Best Fragrance-Free Skincare Brands In 2022
Our readers’ support allows us to test more products while remaining ad-free. If you make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. We do not accept money for editorial reviews and are not influenced by monetary considerations.
At WithoutFragrance, we carry out a lot of product tests and in-depth reviews. We personally try every single product and provide honest analysis and guides to living life fragrance-free. However, what you apply to your skin greatly impacts skin sensitivity and perfume allergy. That is why you must be particularly aware of what skincare products you apply and their ingredients.
Below we list the top 5 best fragrance-free skincare brands that we love and use daily. You’ll notice many of these brands in our product reviews because these are the leading producers of truly fragrance-free skincare products.
Vanicream was founded by two pharmacists in 1975 and has developed a huge fanbase. Vanicream is often recommended by pediatricians and dermatologists, particularly for people dealing with eczema, psoriasis, or sensitive skin.
All of their products are fragrance-free and devoid of the harmful and harsh irritants found in many other products. This makes Vanicream a great choice for people like us with sensitive skin and allergies. On top, Vanicream is exceptionally great value and the perfect choice for everyday use. As a result, Vanicream easily makes it into our list of the top 5 best fragrance-free skincare products.
- Designed for sensitive skin.
- Products are especially good for soothing dry, irritated, and itchy skin.
- Free of fragrances and botanical extracts, including the often overlooked masking fragrances, as well as paraben-free, lanolin-free, formaldehyde-free, and gluten-free.
- Many of their products have been awarded The National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
- Not tested on animals.
Where to buy Vanicream products
The second brand that joins our list of the top 5 best fragrance-free skincare brands is CeraVe. Founded in 2005, and acquired by cosmetics giant L’Oreal in 2017, CeraVe now has over 70 products in its catalog. It’s one of the fastest-growing beauty brands, with a large celebrity and influencer following that swear by their products.
All their products are fragrance-free and allergy-friendly, and the brand has been awarded more seals of approval from the National Eczema Association than any other. Not only are their products excellent for sensitive skin, but they are also formulated with essential ceramides that help seal in moisture and maintain the natural skin barrier. In addition, CeraVe’s fragrance-free products are very affordable and conveniently found in any drugstore and online.
- Fragrance-free skincare for all types with ceramides in every product.
- The majority of products are non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
- Most of their products have earned the seal of approval from the National Eczema Association.
- Products are not tested on animals.
Where to buy CeraVe products
Clinique launched the first-ever line of dermatologist-developed skincare products back in 1968, and today Clinique is one of the leading fragrance-free brands. Clinique excels in formulating skincare products (as well as makeup) suitable for sensitive skin, and the iconic brand has long been known as a go-to brand for those who prefer to avoid fragrance and other potentially harmful substances.
Clinique’s products are not only fragrance-free but some of the best for your skin, whether sensitive or not. Clinique is one of our absolute favorites, especially when it’s time for a little splurge, and there’s no doubt that Clinique belongs on the list of the top 5 best fragrance-free skincare brands.
- Famously designed for sensitive skin.
- All products are fragrance-free, paraben-free, and phthalates-free.
- Wide range of high-quality, clinically proven skincare products.
Where to buy Clinique products
Eucerin, a German company, has more than 100 years of skincare experience and research behind its products. Eucerin offers a wide range of fragrance-free products developed for hypersensitive skin, such as eczema, psoriasis, and redness-prone skin, as well as dry, rough, and itchy skin. Eucerin, along with Vanicream, is our preferred everyday brand. From their lotions to body wash, Eucerin always delivers and is affordable. And like Vanicream, Eucerin also takes a spot on the list of the top 5 best fragrance-free skincare brands.
- Wide range of fragrance-free products formulated for those with sensitive skin.
- Eucerin is a favorite drugstore brand offering a wide range of skin products for cleansing, healing, and moisturizing, as well as body washes and other personal products.
- Treats skin effectively at very affordable prices.
Where to buy Eucerin products
The same parent company owns Aquaphor and Eucerin, so it’s no surprise that Aquaphor also makes it onto the list of the top 5 best fragrance-free skincare brands. Like Eucerin, Aquaphor’s products are fragrance-free and suitable for people with perfume allergies and sensitivity to unnecessary irritants. In addition, their products are excellent in restoring irritated, dry, and cracked skin. Aquaphor is particularly well-known for its skin-protecting ointments, such as the best-selling Healing Ointment.
- The product range includes body care products, baby skincare products, lip care, and minor wound care products.
- A budget-friendly drugstore pick.
- Formulated to restore and repair skin fast.
Where to buy Aquaphor products
Aquaphor products are sold in similar places as Eucerin. You can find their products on shelves and online everywhere, from Amazon to Walmart, in ubiquitous drugstores such as Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, and grocery stores like Kroger.