Our readers' support allows us to test more products while remaining ad-free. If you make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. We do not accept money for editorial reviews and are not influenced by monetary considerations. Learn more.
If you’re looking to add a fragrance-free cleansing bar to your skincare routine, we’ve got you covered. We have created a list of the best fragrance-free cleansing bar soaps to try in 2023 for every skin type!
Over the years, the classic bars of soap have gotten a bad rap for frequently drying out the skin, leaving it uncomfortable and tight. Luckily, that’s not the case anymore!
Today, the good old bars of soap have been upgraded and refined. In fact, the once humble cleansing soap bars are now making a major comeback in the beauty world.
Thanks to a new generation of cleansing bars, these little goodies are now more gentle to the skin while still effective and, best of all, loaded with skin-soothing and nourishing ingredients. That means they no longer leave your skin uncomfortably dry.
In addition, they’re also a more environmentally friendly alternative to liquid soaps due to the lack of plastic packaging. And if that’s not enough to convince you, let’s not forget that they’re usually much less expensive than their liquid counterparts and last much longer.
Now, before you run out and buy any bar of soap, note that just like a liquid cleanser, cleansing bars can vary significantly. So it’s critical to make sure you use the right cleansing soap suitable for your particular skin type and need. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered and have found the best fragrance-free cleansing bars for every skin type.
Our picks of the best fragrance-free cleansing bars do not contain harsh chemicals or unnecessary scents that might upset sensitive skin, cause allergies, and other unpleasant side effects.
So, bye-bye, dry and dull skin, and hello, happy moistured skin!
In a hurry? These are the best fragrance-free cleansing soaps to try in 2023!
- The best for highly-sensitive skin: Vanicream Fragrance-Free Cleansing Bar
- The best for dry skin: CeraVe Fragrance-Free Hydrating Cleanser Bar
- The best for acne-prone skin: Clinique Fragrance-Free Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar
- The best for oily skin: CeraVe Fragrance-Free Foaming Cleanser Bar
Vanicream is one of the absolute best brands for fragrance-free products, and it tops our list of the best fragrance-free skincare brands in 2023. All of Vanicream’s products are free from fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, botanical extracts – and many other common chemical irritants found in other products. So rest assured, you’re in good hands.
This ultra-gentle cleansing bar from Vanicream has won the Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association. It is an excellent choice for those with dry, easily irritated, and eczema-prone skin. It cleanses well without stripping the skin and is gentle enough for daily use on the face, hands, and body. That’s why it tops our list of the best fragrance-free cleansing bars for sensitive skin in 2023.
- Free of fragrance and masking fragrances.
- Gentle, effective, and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
- Great for highly sensitive skin.
- Suitable for both the face and body.
- National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
CeraVe is one of the best fragrance-free skincare brands, and it has a devoted fan base. This fragrance-free hydrating cleanser bar also has the Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association and is suitable for sensitive and dry skin. The hydrating cleanser bar effectively removes dirt and makeup and can be used on the face and body. Thanks to moisturizing ingredients such as ceramides and hyaluronic acid, it does not dry out the skin. Once wet, it lathers up very well, feels incredibly creamy, and leaves even very dry skin quenched.
- Fragrance-free, soap-free, and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
- Gentle and hydrating cleansing bar.
- Suitable for normal to dry skin.
- Contains 5% CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to keep the skin hydrated.
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association.
The third cleansing bar on our list of the best fragrance-free cleansing bars is Clinique’s Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar. It’s a great option for those struggling with clogged pores and breakouts. It’s a mild cleansing bar that works great for removing dirt, impurities, and excess oil in your pores. In addition, it contains the acne-fighting ingredient salicylic acid, which makes it great for treating existing and preventing further breakouts on the face and body.
- Fragrance-free, oil-free, gluten-free, SLS-free, SLES-free, as well as free of denatured alcohol, sulfate, and synthetic colors.
- Formulated with salicylic acid, which helps clear dead skin cells.
- Great for face and body areas prone to breakouts.
The final product to make it to our list of the best fragrance-free cleansing bars in 2023 is this foaming cleanser bar from CeraVe. While CeraVe has already appeared on our list with its hydrating cleanser bar, this one is formulated specifically for oily skin. The fragrance-free foaming cleanser bar contains kaolin clay, which helps absorb excess oil on your skin without leaving the skin dry or irritated, thanks to ingredients such as ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- Fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, soap-free, non-drying.
- Suitable for oily skin.
- Contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid that help retain essential moisture within the skin.
- Suitable for both the face and body.